POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
Instructions for Preparing Posters
Please read ALL of these instructions carefully
The dimensions of the poster boards are as follows:
Size of the construction:
Size of the panel (i.e. the max. size of the poster): 120 cm (height) x 90 cm (width)
- Fixing material (pins and stickers) will be available in the Posters Area.
- Congress staff will be available to assist you during the time of poster mounting.
- The poster boards will be numbered by the organizers.
- Avoid putting too much material and text on the poster.
- The heading should list the title of the paper, authors, institution and its location. If necessary, please shorten the heading. The board of your poster will be numbered which will be the same as your poster/abstract number which will be communicated to you. This number will also be present in the final programme booklet for you to cross reference. Viewers will find your poster according to the title of your submitted abstract and number as stated in the final programme booklet. Divide your poster into:
- The Introduction/Background should contain a brief overview and these should be stated succinctly
- in large type.
- Outline your Objective/Methods briefly, provide reference to previous methods and details only for
- new methods used or important modifications of older ones. Here, references can be presented in
- smaller font size, but you will need to restrict the number of references to a maximum of 6.
- Results can be presented as graphs or tables. These should be self-explanatory and therefore please
- provide a clear legend including symbols. You may also want to provide an interpretation of the
- results below each panel.
- The Conclusions can be a single sentence or more.
The number of your poster can be found in the final programme
Timeframe for presentations
- Introduction of the presenter/presentation (1/2 minute)
- Presentation (10 minutes)
- Discussion (2-4 minutes)
- Closing of the presentation (1/2 minute)
Total time for each presentation is 15 minutes.
Each workshop will last 60 or 90 minutes.
Each Symposium will last 60 or 90 minutes.